A few helpful tips about viruses.
Frankly you should of listened to your momma...
WASH THOSE HANDS!!!
I mean seriously think about how awesome that advise is. The older I get the better I appreciate the simplest lessons my mother taught me. Because those simple lessons are the one we always fall back on throughout our lives.
Alright the Coronavirus is dominating the news here of late, and rightfully so. There is currently no vaccine to prevent the coronavirus disease and once one becomes available, it will be months before it is properly tested. Frankly the best way to prevent illnesses like this is to avoid being exposed to this virus in the first place, but that's not always an option, is it. There are a few preventive measures that all viruses have in common. This write up is a reminder of some everyday preventive actions you should do every day to help prevent the spread of respiratory diseases like coronavirus, including:
- Avoiding close contact with people who are sick and/or showing symptoms.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home if your sick to avoid spreading the virus.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, throw the tissue in the trash and wash your hands.
- Clean and disinfect objects and surfaces using proper household cleaning spray or wipe, but don't go crazy. The only way we build our immune system up is "getting dirty" and exposing ourselves to bacteria and virus everyday in small amounts so that our immune system can build a defense and keep us healthy.
- This whole face mask thing... Now the CDC recommends that you DON'T use a mask if you are not sick, and that you use one if you ARE sick. Personally I think this is about as crazy as a long tailed cat in a room full of rocking chairs. I personally think that the face masks wont help at all. Understand I am not a doctor. I am Not an expert on face mask in any form or fashion, but I can read. And if a face mask box says that the mask WILL NOT protect you from the virus... Then why would you think it would? If the virus is smaller in size than oxygen, then why on earth would you think the mask can stop the virus, if it is letting oxygen through. If it makes you feel safer by wearing a mask then by all means wear one. Just understand, that common sense says it will make you sicker in the long run cause you are breathing in all the waste your body is trying to get out... over and over and over. That can't be good.
Most importantly like your Momma said... WASH YOUR HANDS!
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds WITH COOL OR WARM WATER, not hot water. Hot water will open your pores.
- Regular Soap and Water is all you need. Antibacterial soap is no better because it is designed for bacteria not viruses.
I would also recommend that you have a spray bottle with a 3% U.S.P. Hydrogen Peroxide Topical Solution. THIS WILL KILL ALL VIRUSES ON CONTACT. It breaks down the cells walls and destroys it. We use it to clean our counter tops with here at sugar mountain. You can use it to clean, disinfect and even gargle with it. Do your own research but my goodness this stuff really works.
The most important thing is for you to take your well being seriously. You should have a few months supply of food and a good water filtering system. I know. I know. I know. Your thinking I'm some nut job prepper... but think of it like this: you have car insurance, home insurance, dental and health insurance... why would you NOT have food insurance? There are three things you must have to live; food, water and air. So stock up on some dried foods that you already use and get a water filter. One less thing to freak out about if this corona virus gets out of hand. And buy a few bars of our soaps. You already know they last a while and wont go bad. And I personally think our soaps are the best on the market.
Stay safe and may God bless you and keep you and yours from harm.
Scott and Lisa